Copyright © Charlie Graham COBC
Design by Dzignine
Monday 1 December 2014

Political Poster Process

I first decided to play with some fonts to meet the effect im looking for.


I liked this one, however I thought it may be too bold for my aim.

This one was too messy

I liked this one

Again, too messy.

I did like this one, however I dont think it matches the style for the rest of my poster.

I really like this one, however I think a bold style would be more eye catching




Using a thin, san-serif font creates a modernistic effect.

Using the gap tool I widened the gutter to create more space.

After adding a small box to leave room for a QR code I liked the effect of the poster. I feel its very modern feeling and shows a good use of space, however I feel as if it is missing something. I decided that the percentage design should be changed to make it more legible and look more swiss-inspired.


I decided to turn the percentage on its side and align it using a grid.

When I added the rest of text, I decided a slight greying makes the percentage stand out more.

I aligned everything to a grid to keep it all neat and tidy


I decided to create a swiss-inspired graphic

I then placed it at the bottom of my poster. I felt it worked, however the poster still had no instruction at this point.

I then replaced this image with a QR code, adding text to instruct people to scan it. The code would send people to link with more information about compulsory political education. I liked the look of this, however I wanted to include my graphic somewhere.

I decided to add the graphic behind the text. To make the text legible I had to lower the opacity of the graphic.

I then aligned the text so that it sat on the grid properly.

I decided that moving the text to sit on the grid caused it to look out of line. I nudged the text up so it meets the top of the grid.


I tried to use the swiss-style grid formatting more, however knowledge started to cause issues (due to being too long). I hyphenated the word and moved the "Scan the QR code to find out more" text.

After a peer vote, this design wasnt favourable, however I decided to push it further by formatting the text in a bold style. 

I like this one more, however I still feel that my first design is better and features a better use of whitespace.

Final design













0 comments:

Post a Comment